Sticky 'Banoffee' Pudding made with Bamorganic 25G High Protein Banoffee Shake. A healthier twist on the classic pud!
Recipe (Serves 12)
1 bottle Bamorganic Banoffee High Protein Shake
150g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Handful of dates
4 tbsp honey/syrup @sweetfreedomuk
1 tsp cinnamon
To serve: extra banana, cinnamon and chopped nuts
1. Add the banana, egg, 250ml milk, flour + baking powder, and 3 tbsp syrup/honey to a mixing bowl of blender.
2. Blitz to a smooth batter.
3. Pour the mixture into a small rectangular baking tin lined with baking parchment.
4. Bake for 20 mins at 190degC until golden and risen.
5. Chop the dates, then soak in hot water for 5 mins.
6. Drain the water from the dates, then add them to a mixing bowl or blender with the remaining milk, syrup and the cinnamon. Blitz to a smooth toffee sauce.
7. Whilst the cake is hot, make small insertions with a sharp knife all over the cake, then pour the sauce over.
8. Divide into 12 equal portions, then serve with extra banana slices, a sprinkle of cinnamon and chopped nuts.